Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jordan on the Trek

I am so proud of my son I have to share.

He went on a three day Handcart Trek with the youth in our Stake.  It was from Thurs to Saturday, they dressed in pioneer clothes, slept under the stars (no tents) and pulled handcarts up hills, through streams and creeks and learned alot.

It was the most awesome thing I have EVER seen! I am so glad he went.  He plays football for his High School and he and a friend were boasting that they would be able to eat a sandwich, text, and run with the handcart the whole time. Well, they weren't allowed to bring phones of course and I was a little skeptical but they did well!  They do practice for football in 100 plus weather....soooo

They originally had the group Jordan was in as Group 1, but they literally were too fast and everyone else was way behind, so they moved them to the back and my studly son did pull the cart the whole time--so proud!

It was a great event, well organized with alot of amazing adults to accompany them!

So here is the first photo of a Puerto Rican pioneer :-)

Road I drove to get there!!
















The group of 100 plus coming over the hill!!















First Group












































































Jordan's Group coming and ready to cross creek..






























Jordan is second from left in white v-neck















MY SON! SO COOL!

2 comments:

The Bjurstrom Family said...

Wow!!! Christine I can see why you would be so proud:) Those photos were touching. Way to go Jordan!!

Andrea said...

Very cool!! I love it! I am also glad I never had to do that as a youth! :S Wimp? Maybe. :) That actually looks like a really pretty scenic trek, ours are out in the desert! YUCK!
What a cute, sweet, little family you have!!